1) Always try to decentralize power as much as possible.
2) Earmarks are corruption.
3) The louder they scream "emergency," the more suspicious you should be.
4) There's always something to attack in a government program.
5) The grassroots are your friend.
6) Tie everything back to how it helps the people.
7) We will never control spending unless we change the system.
8) You've got to believe in your heart that Americans want responsible government.
9) We don't need new laws; we need reform.
10) It's better to kill a bad bill than improve it.